Wednesday, January 25, 2012

WIP - Two Romantic Purses

I've got a lot of projects in various stages of "not finished" at the moment. I have a whole mess of bags waiting for embroidery and I can't wait to get my hands on all of them. Right now I'm focusing on two of them. The first one is a custom order piece, another version of the black wreath bag I made for Santa. I did, finally, manage to find purse frames that matched my requirements so I was able to start working on this beauty and I'm now ready to start sewing on the faux pearls. Experience has taught me working with "invisible" thread should always be done in day light. It's handy for attaching seed beads and faux pearls, but it's darn tricky to see, as being invisible kinda is :D

While waiting for a new day I started freehanding a little bird on another bag. Think I'll give him a pink coat of feathers with a dash of white and brown, maybe also give him a branch to sit on. We'll see! Very happy to be working with two very romantic, slightly retro-ish style bags :)

No comments:

Post a Comment