Friday, September 9, 2011

Blue Meadows Hand Bag

Oooh! Another bag to sell on Etsy :)


Made a really good start, my light green sun glass case was sold only few hours after listing it on Sunday. My first Etsy-sale only 4 days after opening the shop! GO ME! :) I've been spending most my free time researching, reading instructive blogs, commenting on etsy-forums, joining etsy-groups, linking up stuff to my shop and wow, there's a lot that goes into promoting your shop! I know now that I need to a) get more goodies out there b) get more professional photos and c) get the promotion going full steam. Last week alone I joined so many sites to promote my shop I can't even remember them all. All this has been maybe a bit too much, though I'm excited I'm getting stressed too thinking of all the hard work I'll have to put into this to get things going. And when I get stressed I get sick. FEVER! AGAIN! So gotta slow it down and make a plan, not stress too much.. And stop ranting. Definately need to stop ranting and write about the new bag. Get to the point, Sini!

So, long story short, may I present the bag that I finished few days ago: The Blue Meadows Hand Bag. It's GORGEOUS! It's made of yarn I bought from Kaunas in Lithuania, from a little corner shop from a man who didn't speak a word English and served me in German instead. Which was fun since all I remember from German is "ich habe eine hubschrauber in meinem arsch". Try typing that in Google Translater if you're interested in knowing why using that sentence wouldn't have been appropriate. But as I speak fluent Point-And-Nod, I got this beautiful yarn along with a light purple one too.

The bag is again first knitted, then felted in washing machine, and embroidered with this time 5 different color DMC embroidery cotton. I really like these bamboo handles and used one on this one too. But what I really love about this one is how well the colors on the cotton lining go with the embroidery. Perfect match! Or
as we say in my family: "sopii kuin nenä pyllyyn"  - simply translated: "fits like a nose fits a bum hole". Yes. Our family is odd.



Find it in Etsy at Purse with hand embroidered flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment