Thursday, August 18, 2011

Yet Another Knitted Felted Embroidered Hand Bag

I'm gettin really excited about felt bags these days, it's pretty much all I think about. Seriously, it's not funny. I'm felt bag obsessed! The thing is I have been thinking maybe opening up a little shop on Etsy to sell a few bags. Initially I was thinking maybe going to a fair but - Swank me hard and call me Hillary - those tables are expensive! I wouldn't mind paying all that money to rent the table if I knew my sales would cover for the expenses, but since I've never sold anything anywhere, maybe Etsy is the place for me to start.

This one was knitted out of pink 100% wool, felted in washing machine and embroidered free hand with 8 different colors of DMC embroidery cotton. I sewed a cute tulip-themed cotton lining on the inside, finished the motif with seed beads, added bamboo handles and voila - yet another knitted felted embroidered hand bag finished!




3 comments:

  1. Beautiful works of art! Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Beautiful work, and my fushia too- yay! You've inspired me to get embroidering again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feedback :) Very encouraging!

    ReplyDelete