Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dragonflies??

Oh bugger.. The thing is, after the Magnolia bag I've felt ever so proud of myself and had all the faith in my abilities as a knitter. Now I've come down from that high and boy, how the mighty have fallen.. I was expecting perfection from myself when starting another slipper project. The slippers are quite satisfactory in every other aspect but I'm having major difficulties in decorating them. I've tried embroidered vines, bead flowers, everything. I've started to decorate them a million times only to realize my designs never work and have had to unravel them all. Tonight I thought I'd try make a dragonfly out of seed beads. I'm so frustrated I don't want to undo the decorations AGAIN, but I'm not satisfied with how it turned out this time either.

Now I don't know am I just expecting too much from myself or is there actually something wrong with the design, I just don't know what exactly it is that's preventing me from getting satisfaction from the FO (learned a new craft term recently, apparently it means finished object). So any feed back on the dragonfly is greatly appreciated, be as critical as you please, just tell me what the heck am I doing wrong???

6 comments:

  1. Minusta noissa ei kertakaikkiaan ole mitään vikaa! Livakasti sujahtaisi moiset tossukat kotona jalkaan :) Ekä kuviointikaan kaipaa mitää lisäyksiä, yksinkertainen on kaunista. Ja nämähän on vielä super trendikkäätkin kun hyönteisaiheet on kovasti muodissa kouruissa ja printeissä ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. no mutta jotain vikaa sentään oltava! alaruho ainakin on kauhian paksu, notta jos sen tekis sitte uuvelleen.. hauskaa jussia, Nanna, ja kiitos palautteesta :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it would look a bit better if it was off center and wrapped around the foot a bit. Also, the head looks a bit funny, although I'm not sure why. The slipper itself looks awesome though, so props.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're absolutely right. Must do something about the head!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kiva kontrasti pehmeän villan ja metallinkiiltoisten helmien välillä!

    Taivuttaako sudenkorento ruumistaan koskaan sivuun? Se kun ei ole häntä. Kuvissa näyttävät kyllä riiputtavan persiitään, jolloin sivusta katsoen profiili olisi kuten kirjailussa, mutta siivetkin on silloin perspektiivissä. Voisiko se olla hakemasi vika? Tolkuttoman hieno kirjailu kyllä, että sinuna olisin tyytyväinen :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enpä ole juuri sudenkorentojen perspäihin perehtynyt.. perät suoristui ja annoin periks, en jaksanu tehä muita muutoksia kun en yhtään ollut tyytyväinen tuloksiin.. äkkiä vaan pois käsistä ja seuraavaa projektia kohti!

    ReplyDelete